While there are a lot of brands that claim to be “natural” and “organic,” there are no federal regulations forcing manufacturers to adhere to their labels. When it comes to selecting safe, natural cleaning products, you are the best regulator. You want to carefully read the ingredients to make sure there’s nothing in there that could be harmful.
But because we know time is precious, we thought we would do some of the research for you. The following natural products offer effective ways to clean your home without harsh chemicals. Just think, with these products you can clean without fear of inhaling harmful toxins.
Natural All-Purpose Cleaners
- Bon Ami Powder Cleanser — a fabulous option when you need something stronger than baking soda.
- Meliora Cleaning Products Gentle Home Cleaning Scrub — the refreshing scent of peppermint and tea make this all-purpose cleaner a joy to use.
- Better Life All-Purpose Cleaner — unlike most plant-based cleaners that get a bad rap for being ineffective, this one works just as well as the chemical-packed varieties.
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Soap — this biodegradable soap is as great on a camping trip as it is in your home. It can clean everything from your body to your floors and cutlery.
- Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Basil Scent Multi-Surface Everyday Cleaner — the delightful scent of this all-natural cleaner has made it a favorite among eco-friendly homes. Plus, you can get the complete line of cleaning products to solve all your household needs.
Natural dish soaps
- Ecover Zero Dish Soap — natural and effective, even with stuck-on grease.
- Intelligent Nutrients Hand Sanitizer — sometimes washing your hands with traditional soap and water isn’t an option. Luckily, chemicals aren’t the only way to clean your hands any longer.
Natural Floor Cleaners
- White House Foods Cleaning Vinegar — all the power of vinegar with the pleasing scent of lavender.
Discover more helpful cleaning tips.