When it comes to bathroom towels, there are thousands of choices. Every manufacturer touts theirs is the best. But who’s right and how do you pick?
Top 3 Tips for Picking the Best Bathroom Towels
1. Select a Towel with a High Fiber Count
Folks love to banter around terms like Egyptian and Supima. And those are nice terms. But it’s not the terms that make a premium cotton softness or durable. It’s the fiber count! This is the biggest factor when it comes to determining how soft and luxurious a towel will be. And, towels with 100% cotton tend to have the best results.
2. Make Sure to Visually Inspect the Towel
There’s no replacement for quality craftsmanship. Take a look at the stitching. You want to see close, secure stitches. This helps extend the towels’ shelf life, so that you don’t have to replace it frequently.
3. Go Heavier on Weight
A towel’s weight refers to its density. It’s generally measured in grams per square meter (GSM). The heavier the towels weight, the plusher the towel will be. Towels in the 500-700 GSM range often tend to be the favored weight.
Best Bathroom Towels
The Spruce released a list of their top picks for towels in 2018 and it’s loaded with fabulous choices. These are some of our favorites from that list, plus a few others we love:
- Frontgate Resort Towels: With a 700 GSM, these ultra-absorbent towels are so plush and soft they’ll make you think you’re at a resort.
- Pottery Barn Organic Cotton Tencel Towels: Passionate about buying organic? These towels are just the thing for you. The offer a spa-like feel, high quality and are made from responsibly managed forests.
- Superior 900 Gram Egyptian Cotton Bath Towel: One of the thickest, softest, and most absorbent towels available. This one is made to last.
- Performance 5.0 Bath Towel: Super fast drying and super soft.
- Diamond Jacquard Bath Towel Set: For those who hate towels that shrink, these have your name written all over them.
- Restoration Hardware Ultra-Soft Turkish Bath Towel: For those who want to feel like they’re at a hotel, you’ll love these.